Day 7- We trek to Dzongla

Today we trekked seven miles in about seven hours and I am safe and sound in Dzongla. Breathtaking views the entire way and another crystal clear day. Never dreamed I would witness these things with my own eyes. Tomorrow is what all the planning and preparation was all about; the crossing of the Cho La Pass. I am admittedly nervous but feeling good and ready. We will ascend to the pass at nearly 18,000 feet and part of the climb is on a glacier. We hope to summit the pass by noon and then descend all the way to Thagnack in the afternoon. The entire trek is expected to take 10 hours. Wish me luck.












Comments

  1. Hey Paul. We're very excited for you. The photos are stunning! Good luck tomorrow. It will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paul's Cho La Pass Trek Summary- Nov. 2023

Day 3- Acclimatization day in Namche

Day 5-We trek to Dingboche