Day 5-We trek to Dingboche



We began our trek today at the Tengboche Monastery at an elevation of 12,700 ft. and arrived 6 hours later in Dingboche at 14,300 ft. We trekked through a spectacular valley with Everest before us and surrounded by many other of the world’s highest peaks. “I can’t believe I’m here” ran constantly through my head. It was another crystal clear day even in the afternoon which is unusual. I continue to feel very healthy and super grateful for my guide Jit and my porter, Junge. We walked through beautiful rhododendron forests along the way, made some friends and met a blind woman who hiked all the way to Everest Base Camp with a British gentleman tethered to her from behind and coaching her every step. I continue to marvel at how that can possibly be accomplished. As we entered Dingboche, I got a look at the mountain we will climb tomorrow to further acclimatize. This climb to 15,700 and our return will prepare us for our ultimate challenge of crossing the Cho La Pass at nearly 18,000 feet on Saturday. I’m grateful for our health and success so far and ready for a good nights sleep. 


We enjoyed beautiful Ama Dablam the entire day as we trekked through the valley.


The entire day found us heading straight for Everest, Nuptse and Lohtse. Three famous giants with incredible history.

We trekked seven miles through this valley in bright sun and moderate temperatures.

Many picturesque Buddhist shrines and memorials along the way.

After six hours, looking back from where we came.

A poster describing our goal on Saturday.
We will acclimatize tomorrow by climbing this moderate peak. You can see the trail leading to the top.

Comments

  1. I love the daily updates! The weather, so far, looks phenomenal. We're rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paul's Cho La Pass Trek Summary- Nov. 2023

Day 3- Acclimatization day in Namche